• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slow Mo photography (1 Viewer)

dan5001

Hi, is there a decent entry level DSLR that will allow me to take slowmo pics particularly of birds on my feeders?
Thanks 🙂

I am not sure what you are asking here. If it is video, then you will be hard pressed to find anything better than the panasonic models. If it is about single shots of birds, more like what I would call freeze action, then they all should be able to do that. The focusing usually get better when paying more ;)

Niels

I am not sure what you are asking here. If it is video, then you will be hard pressed to find anything better than the panasonic models. If it is about single shots of birds, more like what I would call freeze action, then they all should be able to do that. The focusing usually get better when paying more ;)

Niels

I'm not sure either! I was messing about on a phone taking slow motion videos of birds around a feeder and I thought I might get much better results with a proper camera. Lots of different options out there!

Sony and Panasonic would be what come to mind first. The RX10, a6400, a6500, A7.

The consumer-level Nikons will do 60 fps, so basic slow motion played back at 24 fps. Some of the high-end Nikons will do 120 fps. It's pretty pathetic compared to the RX10 IV's (and other models') HFR of 250 - 500 fps in some modes. I'm not sure what Canon does.

Marc

Sony and Panasonic would be what come to mind first. The RX10, a6400, a6500, A7.

The consumer-level Nikons will do 60 fps, so basic slow motion played back at 24 fps. Some of the high-end Nikons will do 120 fps. It's pretty pathetic compared to the RX10 IV's (and other models') HFR of 250 - 500 fps in some modes. I'm not sure what Canon does

Marc

Thanks. They all look a bit out of my budget of up to 500pounds UK.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back