• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My birding sightings at a pond near my house (1 Viewer)

Dear Fellow Birders!

I am a birder for over a year now and I decided last April to go to a pond near my town because I heard it was a nice birding place but never took the effort for it, found out that I had to do it more early because seen some nice birds and filmed some of them.
The ones that aren't in the video are:
- Tufted Duck
- Eurasian Teal
- Redshank
- Mallard

the link to my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wszINFgskec

Kind Regards,
Levi Deen

Hi Levi,

Nice Video presume you had cover when filming the birds, I liked the blackbird singing in the background which Added To the atmosphere of the video for me there is only about the blackbird that can do that with his Rich Notes.

Thank you! I did not have any cover, the birds are a little bit used to humans there.
Hi Levi, yes you are lucky to Find wild birds will accept your presence in the open It must be a joy to be able To do so, try that with godwits here and they would soon depart even the bar tailed at the front looks quite content in your video, I,ve been able to approach sanderling on the coast at norfolk as when the tide comes in they follow it I,ve had some great views of them at such times even gave them some of my sandwich once :) turnstones a little bit to wary thou depending on where you are birds habits can change has your video portrays but generally you need some cover or distance between yourself and the bird especially waders here, Thou I do remember on two occasions on a Inland gravel pit single knot present And I needed a scope to pick their detail up but I was still out in the open the art was not makeing any sudden moves perhaps to much for some folk not to do but it payed off for me then and other times since.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back