• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk: someone to show me around, get lifers (1 Viewer)

earlytorise

Hello. My name is Ton, and I am a birder living in Oxford.

It seems that this has been a fantastic winter for birding in Norfolk so far, and I am tempted to go there in the very near future.

Unfortunately I do not have a car, which I imagine would make it difficult to get around Norfolk. If I were to travel along the coast on public transport, it might consume a lot of time and effort.

So if there is anyone with a car willing to take me around various coastal birding sites, for a day or even a couple of days, I would be really grateful. I welcome either a comment below or a private message. Thanks!

Here are my twitching targets, so to speak:

Woodcock (the one showing exceptionally well at Titchwell)
Alaskan Yellow Wagtail
Rough-legged Buzzard
Twite
Bean Goose

Good views of these birds would also be appreciated:

Hen Harrier
Short-eared Owl
White-fronted Geese
Bewick's Swan
Velvet Scoter if seen close
Purple Sandpiper

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back