• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hungarian artists (1 Viewer)

These Guys are good!...a bunch of talented artists,interactin and sharing idea first hand,is the ideal ground for the developing of those wonderful pieces...
thanks for the link

Very fine work but....... is it heretical to say that I prefer his field sketches to most of the finished pieces?

Mike

You have a fellow heretic in me Mike. I did mention to Szabi on his blog how much I llked his field sketches a year or two ago. They really did strike me as fresh and strong. As I recall he said that many people seemed to like his field sketches. I hope I'm remembering this correctly.

No - I think most 'field artists' would consider their sketches as pivotal in the artmaking process and, as such, should perhaps reveal more of the 'personality' of the artist that can become cloaked in the more considered processes in the studio. Regardless of how 'good' a sketch is - it is an honest and immediate response to a given moment in time.

Hi,
I've just noticed this thread by my friend! Thanks a lto for it, and for all your kind comments. In fact I'm really happy for your feedbacks about my fieldwork, I want to devote more and more time for it. So this means it is worth to orientate myself to plen air painting. I'm just back from Trinidad, will post some of my sketches done there on Birdforum.
Szabi

Hi,
I've just noticed this thread by my friend! Thanks a lto for it, and for all your kind comments. In fact I'm really happy for your feedbacks about my fieldwork, I want to devote more and more time for it. So this means it is worth to orientate myself to plen air painting. I'm just back from Trinidad, will post some of my sketches done there on Birdforum.
Szabi

Hello and welcome, Szabi. We're all looking forward to seeing more of your great work.

Mike

Scervusz Szabi,

Trinidad – not bad. I´m sure it will be worth waiting for, seeing your sketches so you can prove it wasn´t sunbathing all day long ;)

I am sure you recall the very wet Bird Fair in 2007, but here are a few shots to freshen up your memory.

If you do go up north again and pass through Denmark, Koge – just give me a call.

Sok boldogságot
Torben

Attachments

• At-work.jpg
    At-work.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Concentrating.jpg
    Concentrating.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 63
  • Fine-brush-work.jpg
    Fine-brush-work.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 83
Hi Torben,
Nice to get in touch with you again! Thansk a lto for those photos! Whose jumper am I wearing on the 3rd photo?
Szabi

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back