• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help to ID bird. Kent, England (1 Viewer)

Hi,

This bird appeared in my garden today and I have never seen one like it before. Going through my bird book it looks like a ChiffChaff, but I cannot be sure. The photo isn’t the clearest shot of the bird but it was the best I could get. Hopefully someone will be able to tell what it is.

It was seen in Sheppey, Kent, England. It appeared to be chasing and eating insects among tall shrubs. No singing was heard.

Many thanks in advance.

Katie.

Attachments

• 1DE65E6C-AE6A-46E1-9195-3933E2AB924A.jpeg
    1DE65E6C-AE6A-46E1-9195-3933E2AB924A.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 85
Evening,

Given the date I would say Chiffchaff. I’ve seen one a couple of times in the last few weeks at the Riverside Country Park at Rainham.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back