• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

car charger for Pana FZ38 (1 Viewer)

Amarillo

Hi,

Does anyone know if a car charger exists for this camera battery? off camping for 2 weeks and not sure how I'm going to recharge batteries....

Any suggestions/recommendations much appreciated!
Cheers!

Hi,

Does anyone know if a car charger exists for this camera battery? off camping for 2 weeks and not sure how I'm going to recharge batteries....

Any suggestions/recommendations much appreciated!
Cheers!

You'd probably need to find a connection to the 12V lighter outlet that then converts the current to standard current (110 or 220 Volts). I had such a thing with me in 2007 for my trip in Australia. Not sure anymore where I found it, but I bought it on the Internet, I think. Unfortunately, it does not have a name or other identifying mark on it that might help.

Last edited:
Amazon has an EX-PRO charger for your camera under Electronics and photo
Just search for FZ38 Battery Charger and it will be among the results - about second line. Cost £7-95 inc posting.
This includes a car adaptor cable - if you get another make, make sure it comes with this vital cable.

The others may be equally OK but I have used this make before for several different makes of cameras abroad with (so far) no problems. For important shoots I have been known to take 2 as I have no trust in such items. Allow plenty of time to get things delivered.

The other alternative is to get a power inverter that gives you 240 v from your car socket the price varies greatly depending on what you are going to use it for in terms of power but it will allow you to use your existing charger and possibly some other mains devices. (just don't overload it or the car power socket). Halfords has one but it is way over the top for what you need - both in power out put and cost!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, found one in Jessops for £30, an all round charger that seems to charge almost any camera battery - with a bit of fiddling to adjust the contact points

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back