• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Here to learn. (1 Viewer)

Jim S

Good morning , I found your forum very much by accident and have signed up.
I make no bones about it I am here to learn , my knowledge of bird life is I fear rather limited in contrast to most members so much of my time will be spent reading and learning.

Background wise much of my time has been spent at the riverside fishing and whilst most anglers are very bird friendly the less well educated are not and they still leave stuff behind them which gives angers a bad name, most folks will clear up after these idiots but it is still sad to see.

I have a rather large and growing collection of old binoculars which cleaned and restored are good to use and whilst out along the Coast of Donegal these get regular use, it is rare to leave home without a camera or a set of binoculars.

My partner has a large resident crow population which live in the tree line adjacent to her house , she knowns them almost by name.

I subscribe to the RSPB which I feel is a good cause, the news letters I pass along to others.

Hi Jim,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

All levels of birders are equally welcome and if you have any questions there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here who are happy to help.

Hi Jim and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to hearing all your news.

D

Hello and welcome to the forum. I've been doing this for a few years, and still consider myself a rank beginner.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back