• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SX30 - Regal+t3 - C90+t3 (1 Viewer)

IvanCavallazzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cle2QQjiU8w&feature=plcp

Sorry people for the portuguese... I will see if I translate it later for you, or maybe I will just stat to make the videos in english(cause actually there is no digiscoping community here in my country...)

Possibly I will come with a bino comparison soon...

(obviously you must see the video to understand the pics. But to sum it up... it is the SX30, T3+Regal and T3+C90 at its maximum zoom)

Attachments

• IMG_048301forbf.jpg
    IMG_048301forbf.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2542resizeforbf.jpg
    IMG_2542resizeforbf.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2543resizeforbf.jpg
    IMG_2543resizeforbf.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hi, i also have c90, what is your setup with the c90 to the t3? C90 w/ eyepiece + t3 w/lens? or c90 w/o eyepiece + t3 w/o lens? If there is an eyepiece on the c90 what kind of eyepiece? Thanks

Hi, i also have c90, what is your setup with the c90 to the t3? C90 w/ eyepiece + t3 w/lens? or c90 w/o eyepiece + t3 w/o lens? If there is an eyepiece on the c90 what kind of eyepiece? Thanks

It is the regal´s eyepiece, that is threaded... 24-8, if I am not mistaken...

The 24 - 8 just means the eyepiece has a focal length of 24mm to 8mm. The scope has a focal length of 480mm and if you divide that by 24 and 8 then you arrive at the 20X and 60X magnification figures.

I think the thread on the eyepiece is just a standard T-thread and any T-ring/T-adapter should screw onto it.

Paul.

The 24 - 8 just means the eyepiece has a focal length of 24mm to 8mm. The scope has a focal length of 480mm and if you divide that by 24 and 8 then you arrive at the 20X and 60X magnification figures.

I think the thread on the eyepiece is just a standard T-thread and any T-ring/T-adapter should screw onto it.

Paul.

But in the last pic I was using it on the c90.... 1250 focal length.

1250 /8 = 156x
156 x 55(eye) = 8500

And I dont know if I should add the 1.6 crop factor of the sensor above that....

I will try to make a movie in english as soon as I can.

But again... the system is not for birding, it is more for identification. As the end result is really messy... and dark... and poor...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back