• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus Camedia C-740UZ ULTRA ZOOM (1 Viewer)

I am using Fuji xD card for my C750UZ, and they work well together.
Do note that you can't take panorama shots with non-Olympus CAMEDIA cards.

Tcon-17 works with Olympus C700

PaulThePhotoMan said:
saluki,
I don't have a teleconverter at the moment but I have a TCON-17 on order (they will arrive in Aus in early Sept apparently).

Although they aren't compatible with the C700 according to olympus (but they are compatible with the c750...hmm) there are plenty of people out there who say it works VERY well.

I guess I'll soon find out (I hope)

Paul

My beloved Olympus C700 works wonderfully with the Tcon-17...and a CLA-4 adapter. The problem was in finding accurate info. from Olympus downwards.

Robert

tanghb said:
I am using Fuji xD card for my C750UZ, and they work well together.
Do note that you can't take panorama shots with non-Olympus CAMEDIA cards.

But if you use a program such as The Panorama factory you can. See the attached picture which is a combination of 4 pictures. Have a look at http://www.panoramafactory.com/

Attachments

• Kinlochewe2.jpg
    Kinlochewe2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 226
The panorama mode does more than just display overlapping areas on the display screen. It appears to lock the exposure and colour balance used for each exposure of the sequence.

To take panoramas each shot needs to have the same exposure and colour balance settings, otherwise you will see the joins between the indivdual shots. This will mean setting the exposure to manual and also selecting a colour temperature setting.

I bought a 64MB card to do panoramas with the auto settings of the camera.

John

Hello John and welcome to Bird Forum. I'm sure you will find many things of interest on here. I purchased the Oly750, along with the Tcon17 and am quite happy with it.

Regards

jvf said:
The panorama mode does more than just display overlapping areas on the display screen. It appears to lock the exposure and colour balance used for each exposure of the sequence.

To take panoramas each shot needs to have the same exposure and colour balance settings, otherwise you will see the joins between the indivdual shots. This will mean setting the exposure to manual and also selecting a colour temperature setting.

John

In use I have found that a generic memory card and use of The panoram factory software to stitch the pictures together gives at least as good results as the dedicated Olympus software using the Panorama function on the camera. It is a very rare thing to see any signs of joins between the individual shots and the panorama function on the camera is at least as likley to do this as any other method I have used. Making panoramas has been something that I have used most with my camera. I simply take a picture turn and overlap the shot, turn and overlap until such time as I have completed the selection. Looking at a normal series of pictures done like this there is little evidence to show that the camera makes any adjustments to the exposure in the momentary pauses between shots. When I started doing this 4 years ago the difference in cost between generic cards and Olympus cards was considerable which was why I looked round for an alternative, the cost difference is not as great now, but the software I use is still just as effective.

I think that people rarely use panorama function in Oly cameras, since it is impossible to make large images of, let's say, 5 x 5 regular images and thus multiply the resolution. I used PanoTools with GUI addon (just search for it in Google) and it's easy and the results are great.

jvf said:

I bought a 64MB card to do panoramas with the auto settings of the camera.

John

With AEL button you can lock exposure and with preset WB you can lock White Balance before taking the first image. The rest is easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back