• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackcap. (1 Viewer)

Chris.o.

I presume a Blackcap is a fairly common bird to you guys but in my garden it's normally Blackbirds,Starlings,Robin and a few tits.
This morning saw this robin like bird,without the red breast but with a red/brown cap on her head.
Didn't know what it was but after consulting the only books i have it turns out to be a Blackcap,female.
So well pleased and also glad i now have new bins that actually focus fairly close
Many thanks.

Nice one Chris.... a great spot for you.

I've had one Blackcap in the garden here.... 20 years ago and that was also a female.

I didn't have a camera in those days, so didn't get a picture sadly.

Keep looking, you never know what'll turn up.

Hi Chris,

Well done. Blackcap is a relatively common summer visitor to woodland areas but some now over-winter and can appear in gardens. I currently have a male bird (with a round black cap) appearing regularly on my garden feeders.
It's worth checking your feeders during cold weather as sometimes unexpected species can turn up.

Dave W

Blackcap back again this morning plus five Fieldfares landed in the thorn bushes alongside her.
Thanks for looking and your comments.

yea i saw my 1st blackcap couple days ago in some woods where i do bit shooting (vermin by the way) same morning i saw 2 tawny owls huddled up together lol,the land where im talking about normaly has sky larks but they havent turned up this year ??.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back