• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Arts by Aries (1 Viewer)

ariesct

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner bird artist and I've been using watercolor as a medium for only 10 months now and the subject I enjoyed the most are birds. I'm a self taught artist and I believe that the birdforum is a great site to learn and further improve my art. I would love to hear your thoughts on my artworks. Thanks in advance for viewing

Title: Amazon Kingfisher I
Medium: Watercolor on paper
Credit: Photo reference used with written permission from my good friend Ray Barlow

Attachments

• amazon kingfisher.jpg
    amazon kingfisher.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 173
I love the colours, fantastic, and the bird is solid and alive, a great start, now we'll all want to see more!

Nice one Aries, not a bird I'm familiar with. I like the way you've handled the depth, let's have some more.

Woody

As the venerable gentlemen have already commented- super little study - excellent drawing and well balanced design, very nice subtle colour changes on the irridescent plumage. Just very, very good. And after only 10 months experience with the medium? - WOW!

Aries, Lovely piece of work . As the other guy's have said lets have some
more. To have that sort of proficiency only after ten months is quite astounding!
you obviously have a natural ability with watercolour. look forward to
the next work.

10 months?! Now that's entirely unfair.

And ... is your Ray Barlow the same Canadian bird photographer that I know? Met him down at Niagara last summer when the Tricoloured Heron showed up by the falls, he's definitely a talented fellow!

Hi and thanks for the kind words on my artwork Nick, Woody, Tim, Andrew and Jomo. Your compliments are very inspiring and encouraging.

Hi Jomo, Yes he's a Canadian photographer and I believe he is the one you've met at Niagara. We've been friends for some time now and he kindly allowed me to use his bird photos as reference for my art. He's really a very talented artist and a great friend.

Amazon kingfisher! Wow. I bet that's not something most of us get to see on a regular basis ;).Great picture. Looking forward to lots more exotic birds.

Hi everyone,

Here's one of my efforts. Thanks for viewing

Title: Blue Jay I
Credit: Photo reference used with written permission from my good friend Ray Barlow

Attachments

• blue jay.jpg
    blue jay.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 127
Great Blue Heron II

Here is another one of my paintings. Your comments are always welcome. thanks for viewing.

Title: Great Blue Heron II

Attachments

• Great Blue Heron II.jpg
    Great Blue Heron II.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 121
Really like the heron Aries, colour is great, bird is superbly seen and drawn too, well done.
As Woody said, looking forward to you taking on a full background, seems to me you have tons of ability and talent...

Thanks Arthur, Woody and Buzzard12. Comments and kind words coming from you inspires me to improve more on my art.

Very nice start Aries, as others have said. It would be great to see some Philippine birds added to your portfolio (Please!).

Looking forward to seeing more,

Dave

Nice to see another one, but as the others, would love to see a whole picture with backgrounds and everything, you've certainly got the talent for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back