• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Jena Turmon 8x21 Green Marks (1 Viewer)

bruno28

Hello,

Im looking to acquire another Turmon to my collection. There is one i have my eyes on, but there is some green marks on the outside of the monocular. See the photos attached.

Is that something that can be removed or is it corrosion? Almost looks like the corrosion you get on copper.

Attachments

• s-l1ff600.jpg
    s-l1ff600.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 91
  • s-dl1600.jpg
    s-dl1600.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 97
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 46
My guess, when comparing with my own Turmon:
This can probably be brushed off, it seems only to be on the leatherette surface.
But to be certain, I would ask the owner to let you inspect it.
How many Turmons do you have in your collection (edit: just saw your other post with the two Turmons, so ignore my question :)

Last edited:
My guess, when comparing with my own Turmon:
This can probably be brushed off, it seems only to be on the leatherette surface.
But to be certain, I would ask the owner to let you inspect it.
How many Turmons do you have in your collection (edit: just saw your other post with the two Turmons, so ignore my question :)

Hello. I asked the seller. I can't inspect as it's a different state to where I live.
He said he was able to clean a bit off with rubbing alcohol. But not all of it. I just wanted to know if it was something permanent.
So it's leather?

Yes I have 2 turmon. One still hasn't arrived. And possibly a Doctor to complete the collection soon :)

Correct. I find the Steiner not at all comparable in performance to the Turmon, whereas for me, the Turmon clone made by Docter is really quite good.
Just my 2 ct.
Canip

I just bought a Docter from a member here. Now the long wait to get it.
A nice addition to my collection.

bruno28, post 8,
May be they have the same quality, since Doctor is the company that took over Zeiss Jena when the Iron Wall disappeared in 1989.
Gijs van Ginkel

DO you think the Zeiss Turmon is better than the Doctor?

They are very similar.
The most notable difference is that the Turmon's image tone is just very slightly warmer than the Docter's (now Noblex), due to slightly different AR coating (see pic: Docter: left, Turmon: right).

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for that.
Good idea on putting a lanyard on them. Sometimes I feel like I might drop them because theybare so small.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back