• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lanzarote (1 Viewer)

vireoedd

Off on a family trip in June at Costa Teguise near the airport this year,need details for a boat trip/pelagic,any help......?
Yes I know it may not be the best time of year,also some gen on Houbara,Courser & Trumpeter would be most welcome too.....Ed

There has been another thread more recently, might be worth searching the forum a bit. We only had a day there when not on the pelgic this July and had Houbara, Berthelot's Pipit and LST Lark all at or near the goat farm as a place I think was called Guatiza.

Stephen

I recently saw a photo of a Red billed Tropicbird on Surfbirds with the attached comments "a couple nesting on the N side of the island" (Lanzarotte) does anyone have a location Not the nesting site where I could potentially see this species next month......? Ed

Hi
Handiest spot I found from Costa Teguise was to head on the Teguise road then take a left towards San Bartholomew. This goes past Manriques house and up a hill past the local dump (cattle egrets) then up to a plateau area. There is a right turn off across the plain down a dusty road at the San Batholomew district sign. First gear through here in the morning or evening (not especially early or late) should pick up most stuff (courser, bustard, finches, larks, stone curlew, shrike). 20-25 mins from C. Teguise
regards
Paul

Had a great trip with the family,didnt get as much birding as I wud have liked but still managed Barbary Partridge near Orzola,Trumpeter & Courser near Teguise. I failed on Houbara but scored with great views of several others incl Pallid Swift, Lesser short toed Larks,Corys,Hoopoe,Cattle Egret,Berthelots,Spanish Sparrow & Desert Shrike.
I didnt manage any boat trips......so saving myself for the Pelagics out of Dingle in August,many thanks to all who posted advice & comments.............Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back