• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7DMK11 - SD card help (1 Viewer)

Julian H

I have a 7DMK11. For an upcoming trip I am going to get a new 32GB CF card but will also be getting a 32GB SD card to extend my memory capacity. I don’t usually bother with the SD cards, but since I plan on shooting some video, the extra storage will be handy.

I read that the write speed of the images via the buffer to the card will be based on whichever is the slowest transfer rate of the card.

I plan on getting a CF card and an SD card that match – so does anyone have any recommendations, based on write speed, what would suffice?

Also, I want to use the SD card as an overflow to my main compact flash card – anyone have an idea on how to set that up so images automatically get written to the SD card when the main CF card is full.

Thanks!

I use a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s (32 GB) card in my 7D2. It gives 30+ RAW files at 9fps before it slows, about 10-12 frames less than a Lexax 32GB 1000x CF card in the same camera. The buffer clears quite quickly so it covers my wildlife needs very well.

I use a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s (32 GB) card in my 7D2. It gives 30+ RAW files at 9fps before it slows, about 10-12 frames less than a Lexax 32GB 1000x CF card in the same camera. The buffer clears quite quickly so it covers my wildlife needs very well.

Test results from Chip seem to confirm that the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s is faster than the Transcend.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back