• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7Dmk1 plus canon 100-400 focus issue? (1 Viewer)

shorebirder

Hi
Have had this combo for a while now but recently noticed the lens will not focus when at maximum focal length 400. I have to reduce to approx 300 then the lens will focus quickly then when moving back to 400 it will focus.
I did get a message a couple of weeks back saying camera and lens not communicating ( clean the contacts). This I did but the issue has persisted

Wondering if anyone has come across this, surely not normal as I would have thought I would have noticed it earlier.
Dave

Hi Dave,

My wife had a similar issue a couple of years ago with the same combo. I eventually sent it to Colchester Camera Repair Service and they sorted the issue. I'm afraid I can't remember the exact part that needed replacement but I think the repair cost around £120. Its performed perfectly ever since - which is just as well as I inherited it when she moved up to the Mk2 version!

Sorry I can't be more specific as to the actual cause.

Dennis

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back