• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible Mega in Lothian (1 Viewer)

david kelly

Drive-by Birder
Scotland
LOTHIAN PROB LESSER SAND PLOVER. ABERLADY BAY, 6.45PM (PREV.RPTD AS GREATER SAND PLOVER). PARK IN NR C/PK & FOLLOW MAIN PTH TO BEACH.

Guess I'll be asking for a halfie tomorrow!

Had a look at photos.....Beauty bird...
I can be there in under 2 hours so i think i'll have a look up.
High Water there is about 07:30AM
I think it looks like a Lesser S. Plover
SE.

Just looked at the pics - Yep, clearly Lesser. I guess people at first assumed it would be a relocation of the Norfolk bird, but it isn't, markedly smaller bill in the pics.

Michael

Hi all,
Can lightning strike twice?Spent over a month last autumn predicting that Hume's Warbler would be added to the Irish list,and look at what happened!Now telling all and sundry that a sandplover(either species would suffice) is inevitable....
Harry

Hi Michael,
Had heard that it flew south,but why ruin my dream?It may have swerved SW after it was lost to sight....
Harry

Unlucky David..

Michael its almost certainly in the Lindisfarne / Budle Bay area...... ;)

when i lost sight of it at 30x mag it was headed straight South East.

Stunning Bird, the photos ive seen so far do not do it justice.

MF. On checking reference books, i presumed that the bill would be the main defining characteristic, but this was not so.

Stevie :bounce:

PS. Harry, youd get a fortune for ur crystal ball on E-Bay.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back