• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon LX or HD 8x32 or 8x42- cant decide? (1 Viewer)

iambirding

i am thinking of getting the nikon HG or LX- 8 x32 but feel that I have been spolied by my pentax DCF SP 8x43? what i mean is the 43mm vs. 32 mm?

The PENTAX ARE REALLY BRIGHT!!!!

will i be dissappointed when i see they are not as bright? i will be birding in rainforest, everglades and NC mountains.

any info would help.

can anyone explain twilight factor vs. relative brightness?

and does anyone know who has the lowest price on the old nikon LX in the US websites?

Thank you for your time.
Lewis

iambirding said:
i am thinking of getting the nikon HG or LX- 8 x32 but feel that I have been spolied by my pentax DCF SP 8x43? what i mean is the 43mm vs. 32 mm?

The PENTAX ARE REALLY BRIGHT!!!!

will i be dissappointed when i see they are not as bright? i will be birding in rainforest, everglades and NC mountains.

any info would help.

can anyone explain twilight factor vs. relative brightness?

and does anyone know who has the lowest price on the old nikon LX in the US websites?
Thank you for your time.
Lewis

Hi,
Asked a similar question here and got quite a few interesting replies:
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=24514
Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back