• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A question for P610 users (1 Viewer)

nikonmike

Had mine for a couple of months now and very happy with it,one thing i have noticed and i honestly dont know if its always been like this.

If i focus on a bird take a couple of shots then bring the camera away to review the images,i may then decide to take a couple more but find the focus is no longer where i left it and have to refocus on the bird,is this normal for the P610.

Any P900 owners reading this please chip in and tell me if there camera behaves in the same way.

Thanks

Mike

While I don't have a Nikon P610, I do have a non-Nikon superzoom that does exactly the same thing.

The EVF is sharp when taking the pic, but after reviewing it has moved off focus. As the focussing mechanism makes no noise I can't tell if it is resetting the lens to its start up focus point when I press the review button, but it seems likely.
An upmarket compact does the same thing and I can hear the lens focus motor when I press the review button. An ancient digital slr I've just tried it on holds the focus, so perhaps it may be a 'feature' of this kind of camera.

While I don't have a Nikon P610, I do have a non-Nikon superzoom that does exactly the same thing.

The EVF is sharp when taking the pic, but after reviewing it has moved off focus. As the focussing mechanism makes no noise I can't tell if it is resetting the lens to its start up focus point when I press the review button, but it seems likely.
An upmarket compact does the same thing and I can hear the lens focus motor when I press the review button. An ancient digital slr I've just tried it on holds the focus, so perhaps it may be a 'feature' of this kind of camera.

Thanks for that,i wondered if it had been doing it all the time and i hadn't noticed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back