• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (6 Viewers)

Hi Ken, Only a little garden but not much gets missed.
No's 27 is Your Brown Creeper and 26 is our Eurasion Treecreeper 26a&b is the British Isles.Adult and Juv.
Not cold here now 45f. no snow, no leaves on the trees so a good time to see them.

Attachments

• L1240729.jpg
    L1240729.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 60
Just pored over your latest sketches, Arth. Goldfinch is done in your admirable, extremely well-observed style, and nice and big too - a man after my own heart! Cock-on poses caught on two sheets - not 10 like me. Great creeper shapes, too, and no naughty elaboration of the hard to see bits!

Brill

Russ

These are not by me , just to show Ken for comparison between our respective creepers

Thanks Arthur. I have to confess though that now that our weather has temporarily warmed up to the low 40s F if I was to go out birding and a European tree creeper were to land on my head and start pecking my nose I'm not sure I'd be able to tell it from our Brown Creeper. If this weather lasts through tomorrow though I will go out with my sketchbook and try to track one down though.

There's always a pleasure to see, let alone draw.

Great sketches, Arthur! Very natural, fluid depictions. You've done a great job capturing the outlandish feet and resulting goofy gait.

Surprising what great drawings can be made of the most ordinary of subjects. I've got to start getting out more! If only the damn weather would give us a break!

Mike

Masterful moorhens, Arthur! Make mine look a bit 'wooden'. I think I've said it before, there are supreme challenges in the every day.
This is the standard I need to aim for.

Russ

Nothing wooden about your moorhens Russ.

Some colour with these sketches.
Just couldn't resist him , singing his heart out about 4 ft. away in Titchwell car Park

Attachments

• L1250028.jpg
    L1250028.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 51
  • L1250029.jpg
    L1250029.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back