• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Today i've mainly been avoiding 'the' wedding TV coverage.....instead i prefer to wander the fields in search of Hobbies...[and seeing none]...!:smoke:

Some very nice butters on the wing tho...[no short tailed blues here Cristian]...!

Here's just a little pic of an area where i wander.....[and yes...there's a lot of dandelions]....;)...and a pic of some very attractive suburban flowers i took the other day....

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 35
Just had a quick look thru the very few pix i took today..and found these...

I was photographing an excellent flower...[herb robert]...in a pile of descarded slates that had been tipped on my local patch. Whilst taking pix i noticed a discarded gorilla....!!

Amazing what is to be found.....:cat:

ps...i have a crude but excellent carving of gorilla's that i bought from the locals in Uganda a while back...it takes pride of place on my wall...marvelous creatures....[like you didn't know]....;)

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 003 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 003 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 42

I was photographing an excellent flower...[herb robert]...in a pile of descarded slates that had been tipped on my local patch. Whilst taking pix i noticed a discarded gorilla....!!

Ah, memories of another flower/herb that was once in our herb bed and slipped away from us unnoticed. I know we had it for years but can't remember the last time I saw it. I do seem to recall though a little gorilla eying it suspiciously....................

Ah, memories of another flower/herb that was once in our herb bed and slipped away from us unnoticed. I know we had it for years but can't remember the last time I saw it. I do seem to recall though a little gorilla eying it suspiciously....................

Chuckle..!

Hmmm....that little gorilla seems to get about a bit Ken....;)

I must admit..it was a tad bizarre when i found a gorilla looking back at me thru the herb robert...[usually the only 'great ape' i see is myself in reflections]...

Speaking of which...i happened to look back thru some of last years images this morning and found these pix of myself...[shadow/art nouveau stylee]...;)

ps...i shouldn't have looked back at my previous pix as i realized i've still got hundreds to sort out....

Attachments

• 002 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    002 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 002 - Copy - Copy (4).jpg
    002 - Copy - Copy (4).jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 002 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    002 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 002 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 002 - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 37
As it is 'hobbytime' i've been a little preoccupied with locating these elusive falcons of late....but i still take lots of images...[far too many to bore you with here]....;)

[Here's just a small selection]....

golden field pheasant...
yellow archangel....
nasty little buzzing critter....
sheepy sheep....
hare today....gone tomorrow....:cat:

All the best to all....:t:

ps...[Gaby]....crazy 'good' is better than crazy 'bad'....;)....chuckle...!

Attachments

• 001 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 053 - Copy.jpg
    053 - Copy.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 028 - Copy.jpg
    028 - Copy.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 037 - Copy.jpg
    037 - Copy.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 38
Mate. Too good. When's the folio out????

Too kind....!

As for the 'folio'....well...i'm beginning to think that this images thread and my blog is my folio...;)

Seriously tho....i've been in touch with that W4W Sheffield company about doing sample prints and they haven't got back to me yet....[been over two weeks now...so i'm gonna have to chase them up]...!

Going back to recent images...

'that' hare...[i can never look at this animal without thinking of Albrecht Durer]...!

Looking for hobbies but only seeing buzzards...:smoke:

...and a large plane....!

Hawthorn pink blossom yesterday after watching nightingales...

...and a stream where i've never seen an otter but i have seen signs...:cat:

Attachments

• 038 - Copy.jpg
    038 - Copy.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 001 - Copy (2).jpg
    001 - Copy (2).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 011 - Copy (2).jpg
    011 - Copy (2).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 33
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 018 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    018 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 34

Amazing what is to be found.....:cat:

ps...i have a crude but excellent carving of gorilla's that i bought from the locals in Uganda a while back...it takes pride of place on my wall...marvelous creatures....[like you didn't know]....;)

just having a lunchtime browse- thought provoking as ever- the unexpectedness of the gorill reminds me of this favourite from one David Fullarton (the image, not the sentiment, I hasten to add..)

http://www.society6.com/studio/davidfullarton/Gratuitous_Simian_Profanity

just having a lunchtime browse- thought provoking as ever- the unexpectedness of the gorill reminds me of this favourite from one David Fullarton (the image, not the sentiment, I hasten to add..)

http://www.society6.com/studio/davidfullarton/Gratuitous_Simian_Profanity

Enjoyed that link Ed...cheers...! Profanity has never bothered me...[no surprises there then];)....used humorously of course....!

I haven't had time to process some recent images owing to being sidetracked yesterday by a first for Leicestershire...[see attached]....B :)

ps...earlier in the day i was also very pleased to find that both my hobbies are back on site....hoorah..!! They are keeping a very low profile at this time but i hope in due course to get more images of this...my favorite summer falcon...i love em to bits...!

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• 037 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    037 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 40
Gadwall's a first for Leicester is it?! Well there's a thing! ;)

Mike

Chuckle...!

[Actually...gadwall was new for my local patch quite recently...not that that's relevant or remotely interesting to anyone but myself]...

Was 'patching' this morning amid the rains and by good fortune found a second pair of hobbies....[they found me in reality]...;)

I nipped up to where the original pair are and found the damp female perched in the shooters oak.....[see attached pic]....

I sat on a fallen tree nearby and got equally damp....:smoke:

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 40
Chuckle...!

[Actually...gadwall was new for my local patch quite recently...not that that's relevant or remotely interesting to anyone but myself]...

Was 'patching' this morning amid the rains and by good fortune found a second pair of hobbies....[they found me in reality]...;)

I nipped up to where the original pair are and found the damp female perched in the shooters oak.....[see attached pic]....

I sat on a fallen tree nearby and got equally damp....:smoke:

those hobbies

all those years expecting to find them in pine trees, and it turns out to be oaks oaks oaks

and how strange that they do so well as swift numbers plummet- must be at least for now that prey does not limit them even in july/august when they move to taking birds, but they were nest site limited when crows were more controlled..

those hobbies

all those years expecting to find them in pine trees, and it turns out to be oaks oaks oaks

and how strange that they do so well as swift numbers plummet- must be at least for now that prey does not limit them even in july/august when they move to taking birds, but they were nest site limited when crows were more controlled..

Perhaps i should apologize for being so obsessed about hobbies Ed....[i should certainly apologize for putting that last naff pic on screen]..;)

I would have loved to have captured my other view of hobbies today..gliding together low in the rain over a rape field at close range....boy did they look 'the business'...!! They looked almost as good as that painting you did a while ago of hobby...[wouldn't mind a print of that]...superb as i remember!

Anyway...enuff of oaks...soaking oaks...old oaks and doing the oaky cokey...here's an image of the ibis at Rutty....[minus gadwall]...;)

ps...haven't a clue why i've done it egg-shaped...:smoke:

Attachments

• 031 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    031 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 031 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    031 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 031 - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    031 - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 36
ps...haven't a clue why i've done it egg-shaped...:smoke:
. . . embryonic? - the start od the Ibis colonisation of the east Midlands. Please don't apologise for being either a Hobby-nut or for posting pics of them - tremendous little bird with which I only have had a handful of encounters (almost as charismatic as an arctic skua . . . .;)).

. . . embryonic? - the start od the Ibis colonisation of the east Midlands. Please don't apologise for being either a Hobby-nut or for posting pics of them - tremendous little bird with which I only have had a handful of encounters (almost as charismatic as an arctic skua . . . .;)).

Yunno.....when i do what i do with photographic images...i have no preconceived idea of the end result....it's almost as if the image itself leads me to...wherever...[structure/colour etc]...:smoke: I treat the visuals as i treat my use of words at times....

As for my Hobby passion/obsession...well....i guess that's just part of my 'nature'....

Anyway...enuff tedious self analysis....here's justa few recent offerings...[and yes...they are a bit 'egg' or 'eye' shaped]....;)

ps....i hear my hobbies calling me out into the field now...so i'm off....!

Attachments

• 011 - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    011 - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 011 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    011 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 011 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    011 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 011 - Copy.jpg
    011 - Copy.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back