• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Just lately its been ‘my sort of weather’….ie….marvelous cloudscapes…thunderstorms…and sunshine…

I have experienced frequent showers recently…[and not all in my bathroom]…;)

Whilst watching a female hobby the other day the winds blew may blossom that swirled around my head like snowflakes. A massive clap of thunder shook overhead and there followed an almighty downpour which I and the hobby endured…..[see fourth pic]...!

Rain mixed with blossoms and reduced the scenery to a blur…[all very jolly actually]..

Here’s just a few more recent images….

Small Copper umbellifer pattern...

Strange bird....

Hummingbird shadow...?

The downpour....

Before the storm...

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 36
  • 009 (2).jpg
    009 (2).jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 010 (2).jpg
    010 (2).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 38
thank you that you show me to see nature of another way

greetings Gaby

You are welcome Gaby......

I just like to play with natures incredible evolving 'forms'....

Here's an image you may or not like...i suppose you could call it a blossom bird....

ps...of course..you may not see the 'head' of this plumed creature...[its facing left]....:cat:

pps...the blossom is that of the Horse Chesnut tree....

Attachments

• 056 - Copy.jpg
    056 - Copy.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 37
Glad your Hobbies are back & performing, U.

I like the Small copper: one of my fave 'flies. Mrs.H likes the horse chestnut flower.

Glad your Hobbies are back & performing, U.

I like the Small copper: one of my fave 'flies. Mrs.H likes the horse chestnut flower.

I don't know about my hobbies performing now H2.......today and yesterday i drew a complete blank...:smoke: As is per usual this falcon has disappeared as quickly as it appeared...it's like they were never there....! However...i will keep going out into the field until 'they' find me...:cat:

All the very very best to you and Mrs.H...:t:

ps...and please, anyone viewing, no comments about me 'drawing a complete blank'....[chuckle]...;) Actually...how does one draw a complete blank...?

ps...and please, anyone viewing, no comments about me 'drawing a complete blank'....[chuckle]...;) Actually...how does one draw a complete blank...?

oh go on then...since you ask us not to

it used to be a fox hunting expression, dating back to the far-off days when foxes could be hard to find

meaning to send the hounds in to "draw" a covert and have them come out the other end "blank" without finding anything

you don't gallop over those rolling Leicestershire fields with a trumpet in the non-Hobby season do you?

I hasten to add I don't ride with the hounds personally..

oh go on then...since you ask us not to

it used to be a fox hunting expression, dating back to the far-off days when foxes could be hard to find

meaning to send the hounds in to "draw" a covert and have them come out the other end "blank" without finding anything

you don't gallop over those rolling Leicestershire fields with a trumpet in the non-Hobby season do you?

I hasten to add I don't ride with the hounds personally..

How very interesting...[and i am being serious]...!

I love learning the origin of phrases and how some have persisted through the ages...[it is all quite fascinating]...often i find myself using a phrase then question where the heck that phrase came from...ie...'living high on the hog'...etc...[i constantly barrage my mate who is knowledgeable on such things...being a bit of a history buff as he is]...!

ps....oh..and no...i don't gallop the rolling Leicestershire countryside blowing a trumpet...[even i ain't that daft]...;)

Anyway....i've not taken too many pix of late...[been a tad busy...watching black stork in Northants...amongst other things]. I have as usual been searching for my hobbies which have now decided on complete invisibility...still....watching the skies has been entrancing...[i still marvel at cirrus]....and umbellifers now reaching skyward like white rockets in natures natural firework display

Attachments

• 009 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    009 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 029 - Copy.jpg
    029 - Copy.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 31
Yesterday i ventured out into the field to look for...[yes...you guessed it...flippin hobbies]...;)

The weather took a turn for the worse, for me anyway, as a lumpy mattress of cumulus let loose persistent rain....ho hum...:smoke:

I took cover in a large cattle shed and listened to the aforementioned liquid hit the metal roof as a pair of pied wagtails displayed their annoyance at my presence....[they obviously had a nest with young nearby]. I did my best to avoid disturbing them and as i did so i snapped a few images amid the dung and rusted metal....make of them what you will...

metal fish...
rusty pheasant...
part of a dove from above...
wet wagtail...

ps...i attach an image of a plug socket i photographed in the barn just for 'Woody' Mike....;) Show me the Monet...etc....[chuckle]....! Perhaps you could view it as a 'smiley U'....

pps...after the rains had relented a hobby did find me....and then...[as they do]...it disappeared to who knows where...:cat:

Attachments

• 022 - Copy.jpg
    022 - Copy.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 018 - Copy.jpg
    018 - Copy.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 28
I'm afraid that, due to the inclusion of cobwebs and the implied presence of spiders i.e. wildlife, I won't be taking this through to my exhibition. Mere decoration.... ;)

Mike

Icelandic Ash clouds permitting....i should be off to Scandinavia on Thursday...so if this thread goes really quiet...you'll know why...!

As i've been a tad busy of late i have nothing really suitable to show in the way of images...except for one thing that caught my eye whilst out the other day....it just appealed to me...:smoke:

ps....extra photo of the hawk owl is my mates and shows a bird we saw a ways back in Finland...and hopefully we will see more next week...fingers crossed..!

pps...I am looking forward to taking lots of shots in Scando...[and hopefully not just of interiors of airport waiting rooms]...;)

Attachments

• 014 - Copy.jpg
    014 - Copy.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0482-Hawk-Owl web - Copy.jpg
    DSCN0482-Hawk-Owl web - Copy.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 30
Easy to see why.

Hawk owl is on my to see before I die list too....In the wild that is.

Mike

Re that last pic...[grasses amongst the sleepers].....it really sang out with the ripples in the timber..etc...

Re Hawk Owl.....apparently it is a very good 'vole season' at the moment in Scando....and with any luck i should be off in less than two hours...!

ps...i hope you get to see hawk owl Mike..:t:

Adios for now...all the best to all...!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back