• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HELP me ! Which camera for SWAROVSKI ATM80 HD (1 Viewer)

dmfloor

hello everyone I'm Daniele, I'm Italian, I have a Swarovski ATM 80HD whit 25-50w and I need to know what is the best digital camera on the market today! I thank you all for the help

Hello Daniele,

welcome to the forum. I have the same scope and have been asking myself the same question. After reading a lot in the forum, I have realised that there is no simple answer to that question. Just too many options of cameras and adaptors available.
Swarovski has a list of recommended cameras, maybe you start there.
http://www.swarovskioptik.at/upload/media/media/54/Kameraliste_recommended_April2012_1[3309].pdf
The forum here has a lot of info, but it takes some time to read through it.

I myself have now ordered a used Canon S95 compact camera, which is thought to be one of the best for digiscoping (current models are S100 and S110).

Regards, Florian

Hello Daniele,

welcome to the forum. I have the same scope and have been asking myself the same question. After reading a lot in the forum, I have realised that there is no simple answer to that question. Just too many options of cameras and adaptors available.
Swarovski has a list of recommended cameras, maybe you start there.
http://www.swarovskioptik.at/upload/media/media/54/Kameraliste_recommended_April2012_1[3309].pdf
The forum here has a lot of info, but it takes some time to read through it.

I myself have now ordered a used Canon S95 compact camera, which is thought to be one of the best for digiscoping (current models are S100 and S110).

Regards, Florian

thanks for your help, I would like to know what is the best digital that has the ability to use a remote shutter release and excellent photo quality

Hello,
I have your same scope and eyepiece and I opted for the new Swarovski APO-TLS adapter. I'm currently using the Olympus OM-D camera. This is not a cheap set-up and I would not claim it is necessarily the best. I am now using a wireless remote shutter release. You can read more about my experience on the Adapters forum, where I will eventually post more samples. I do think the TLS-APO may be the best adapter/lens option currently available for newer Swarovski scopes. As far as what camera to use with it, probably many different camera bodies would work well. Good luck.

--Dave

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back