Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Juvenile tit - coal or great

Old Tuesday 3rd July 2018, 13:33   #1
Sandi12

Juvenile tit - coal or great

I have a juvenile tit in my back garden , looks fine albeit a little scruffy. It is flying and very energetic however it keeps hovering by my back door and dive bombs myself and husband whenever we go out . It then stays sat on our arms, back,head squawking to be fed. It even tries to get inside the house. It can feed itself - as I've left crushed up peanuts,seeds,plums and chopped up boiled egg and it's managed with these- a bit clumsy but it has managed.

Last edited by Sandi12 : Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at 13:36. Reason: Help
Old Tuesday 3rd July 2018, 14:04   #2
Richard Prior
Halfway up an Alp

Welcome to Birdforum!
If its scruffy and feeding itself its more probably an overworked parent(adult) bird!
Putting the food well away from windows is a good idea as they have a tendency to attack their own reflection
Old Wednesday 25th July 2018, 08:35   #3
RichieTwitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prior View Post
Welcome to Birdforum!
If its scruffy and feeding itself its more probably an overworked parent(adult) bird!
Putting the food well away from windows is a good idea as they have a tendency to attack their own reflection
It never surprise me that new members post on here seeking advice and then when someone takes the time to reply TUMBLE WEED. Nothing back from the OP.

How difficult is it for someone who takes the time to register at a forum - a process in itself - to simply post a 'thank you'

And they're from my home city too!!!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: