• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area (1 Viewer)

wilmot

I'm still poking around to see what's here, but it looks interesting so far. We recently returned from a trip to Australia where the birding was amazing - so many species and all so different from what we have here in California.

The attached image is one of my favorite trip pictures, as it shows how I am passing the love of birding on to the next generation. This was a wild Kookaburra, in the rainforest north of Brisbane.

Anyway, hi!

Attachments

• IMG_6379.jpg
    IMG_6379.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 127
Hi wilmot,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. If you need any help while you are findng your way round the site just ask.

Glad you enjoyed Australia (never birded there myself). That bird looks like a real "poser".

Hi, Wilmot! Welcome to BirdForum!

What a great shot that is! Was that Daintree Rainforest you were in? Can't remember how far north of Brisbane it is or if it's actually closer to Cairns.

Look forward to more of your bird photography. Were all the birds that cooperative? ;)

Hello Wilmot and welcome to Birdforum.net

I also saw the kookaburras when in Australia, but that's the only bird I remember as I wasn't "into" birds then :-C

Enjoy the site.

Regards

Katy Penland said:
What a great shot that is! Was that Daintree Rainforest you were in? Can't remember how far north of Brisbane it is or if it's actually closer to Cairns.

It was a place called Maiala National Park, quite close to Brisbane (less than 2 hours' drive, if I recall. And the Kookaburra was by far the most cooperative bird of the trip!

Nice photo, wilmot. I just joined this forum, being an amateur birder (the late ornithologist Dr Luis Baptista of California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco got me interested). I'll be going up to the Klamath Falls area this February for their annual Bald eagle watching and festival, then it's off to South East Arizona in March for some Hummingbird (and other bird) watching. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

It's nice to see kids interested in birds and this is a cute photo. Welcome to the Forum.
I go to Klamath and Arizona every year about this time, although we haven't booked for this year yet.
Neil

wings said:
Nice photo, wilmot. I just joined this forum, being an amateur birder (the late ornithologist Dr Luis Baptista of California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco got me interested). I'll be going up to the Klamath Falls area this February for their annual Bald eagle watching and festival, then it's off to South East Arizona in March for some Hummingbird (and other bird) watching. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back