• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in the San Francisco area (1 Viewer)

Jurij Hanžel

Registrirani uporabnik
Me and my family are visiting SF in the first week of June. I've read about Point Reyes and heard about an island with a seabird colony (forgot the name). Could someone recommend any other locations or provide additional info on the two I named. I'm especially interested in wetlands/lakes and the like/ because I don't know a lot about NA birds and will need some time to browse through the field guide, which is impossible in a forest.

Thank you in advance.

Zdravo Jurij-

One thing to add to Andrew's comprehensive report:

You should really try to get your parents to agree to going offshore from Monterey Bay. If a dedicated pelagic bird trip is not available, even a whale watching boat out to the Monterey Canyon should put you in the midst of some interesting seabirds.

-Adam

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back