• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (1 Viewer)

Ann you win the virtual bet as closest with my birthday and 25th's blog suggests they have all gone. I am sure Sean, your brother and certainly myself (with a very nice, indeed excellent, chinese meal and a few glasses of the red grape juice to keep my 5 a day up) have had a great birthday. Cannot remember if we actually placed a prize but suggest virtual Stovies from the Taybank washed down with virtual drink of your choice and we will all join in.

Although I only managed up there twice this year this sites contributors, reading the blog, the skill of the team and most importantly the BIRDS have made this the best and the most emotional year since I started watching 2005. I have also enjoyed the introduction to Barn owls here and across the pond.

It is I guess time to wish you Ann, Tiger, the completely new addict Nick, the LoTL team and all other contributers to this years Osprey watch a great winter season ( I spend photo editing and archiving in fact this year also doing a college course to maybe start using the camera correctly:-O) and look forward to catching up with you all again next March when either against the odds, unfortunately, we see Marge return or the battle to takeover a grand old Osprey's nest, all the best to the Lady of the loch, the new Laird and yourselvesB :)B :):t:
Hi Tom, and a belated happy birthday!
Difficult to believe the season's at a close, and trying to get my head round the lasting effect it's all had on me - i'd never have believed it would run me through an emotional wringer!! I feel sure I have some medicine locked away to aid the ENS which accompanies the addiction, tho' I can't claim I wasn't warned!! lol
Anyway, I wish you well and look forward to next season - I'm away to Corfu in two weeks, so that'll help the symptoms along with Roy Dennis's book, and I dare say a certain amount of ouzo & retsina!! lol :-O B :)

Anyway, I wish you well and look forward to next season - I'm away to Corfu in two weeks, so that'll help the symptoms along with Roy Dennis's book, and I dare say a certain amount of ouzo & retsina!! lol :-O B :)
Cheers Nick have a great time and you really are an addict I aint read the book yet!

and you Tom. I'll be a year older by the time we get any ospreys back :(. My brother who shared his birthday with you will be a dad late March next year so I've got a fair bit to look forward to. Due another step grandbaby the first week of April so I'm in a win win situation LOL. Hope you had a great day and it seems you did. XXXXX

Sounds like lots of fun ahead Ann, was walking with my 5 year old grandson yesterday and as well as hearing crickets he managed to find me them as well! 12 in total his interest and pride was amazing as I had said I could usually hear them but rarely have I seen them. Kids are really what makes life especially when you can hand them back at end of day or next day:-O:t:
Never mind the year older one of my cards read 'you cannot help getting older but you do not need to get old'! Good advice.

Hi to everyone here!

This nesting was memorable, with Marge, with 7Y and with two chicks! Miraculous! Bon voyage to all ospreys!

Many greeting with this maps which shows the osprey migration route from the nortmost ospreynest in Finland and in fact in whole world, from Utsjoki to South Africa. And back of course! Sorry, it was not to be foud in english.

http://www.luomus.fi/elaintiede/satelliittisaakset/2002/harri.htm

Hi Elanor. I share your sentiments entirely and thanks for the map. Yes a real marathon indeed.

Last edited:
Thank You All in Birdforum for this past year! :flowers:

And a lot of joy, heartiness and wisdom from the New Year! Wellcome 2011 :D

A Happy New Year to you as well Elanor.

Here's to a successful breeding season at the Loch in 2011B :)

D

A happy New Year to you both and any of the other thread regulars looking in. Wont be long now until the next season stats and wholeheartedly agree a new year toast to LofL breeding season.

Just noticed this on Amazon......Marge has made it into print...her life story!

Thanks Marmot just pre ordered. It would be nice to see her back again and it will not be long now to the new season and I will be up in the area last week in March so hopefully there will be some action.

there are two different books. Helens book was written after the book made by the Scottish wildlife trusts bloggers made theirs. Its a available from loch of the lowes with all profits going towards the ospreys. The Lady of the Loch is a brilliant book which tells the story of last year on the nest. The fight for life and the remarkable weekend that brought our marge onto the tv screens around the world. Still chokes me up to think of it. I have 3 poems in the book. Even if you're not a fan of poetry this book is well produced and you'll enjoy it. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back