• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Of The Lowes Osprey Webcam 2011 (3 Viewers)

It seems that Peter and Emma were more efficient.

Emma works on another reserve now. Rinchen does his own blog now. Fiona starts on the mull whale and dolphin spotting boats first week in April. Stephen went never to be heard of again. There's now Jonathan and another seasonal warden who's name i can't remember.

Volunteering

If I lived near LoL, I'd definitely volunteer - and would be happy to moderate :)

Emma works on another reserve now. Rinchen does his own blog now. Fiona starts on the mull whale and dolphin spotting boats first week in April. Stephen went never to be heard of again. There's now Jonathan and another seasonal warden who's name i can't remember.

n.yorks osprey flew north over wheldrake ings YWT early afternoon.they are on there way :t:
could anybody tell me where to get the bloggers book from that as been released please,can't seem to locate it anywhere?

n.yorks osprey flew north over wheldrake ings YWT early afternoon.they are on there way :t:
could anybody tell me where to get the bloggers book from that as been released please,can't seem to locate it anywhere?

it appears that the book which sold out 3 prints isn't being ordered anymore and unavailable to buy. Its a shame because of all the work that went into it. You are not alone in asking about it. There are several people after copies. :-(

Thats "bad patter" as we say in Aberdeen.I wonder if you would have heard from them,If you were offering a sum of money to the project ??????

its a rather touchy subject with the swt now. Stopping the cameras because they want to be the ones to announce that marge is back on the nest. Once they.ve done their press release they'll switch the cameras on. They've also stopped Printing the bloggers book even though its still clearly wanted and raised thousands for them. In fact the swt are appealing for money to track the birds but all the money was raised by the bloggers last year and there were plans for a second book this year by Shirley who had the idea about lady of the loch last year but now she's shelved it. That book was going to pay for upkeep of the trackers. Swt are also actively asking for money to sponsor Toby Greene for his lands end to john o'groats cycle ride. It isn't until you Read it it was done last year and the bloggers gave generously to that too. I have sent an email to swt to ask what they are playing at. They really aren't about the wildlife now. They are all suits. I feel sorry for the staff at the reserve. Its not their fault.

its a rather touchy subject with the swt now. Stopping the cameras because they want to be the ones to announce that marge is back on the nest. Once they.ve done their press release they'll switch the cameras on. They've also stopped Printing the bloggers book even though its still clearly wanted and raised thousands for them. In fact the swt are appealing for money to track the birds but all the money was raised by the bloggers last year and there were plans for a second book this year by Shirley who had the idea about lady of the loch last year but now she's shelved it. That book was going to pay for upkeep of the trackers. Swt are also actively asking for money to sponsor Toby Greene for his lands end to john o'groats cycle ride. It isn't until you Read it it was done last year and the bloggers gave generously to that too. I have sent an email to swt to ask what they are playing at. They really aren't about the wildlife now. They are all suits. I feel sorry for the staff at the reserve. Its not their fault.

This is a very disappointing read. I paid into the reserve last year (when it isn't mandatory to get to the hides) and gave a donation online following all the hard work put in at the reserve last season.

I'm shocked at the cameras being off til an Osprey returns, the book is not going for another print run despite the demand and that the blog isn't being opened to comments. I appreciate this is time-consuming, but it was clearly a money generator. It can also be done remotely by non-SWT staff, as offered by people on here. Isn't the RSPB going the other way with their website?

I really think the SWT corporates should be sent a link to this thread.

Losing support

For the past five years, we have ventured from Northumberland to join and support the SWT and the ospreys at Loch of the Lowes.

Not only have we given money, and bought items at the Visitor Centre, but we have stayed at local B&Bs, thereby injecting money into the local economy.

What I have read in these messages disturbs me greatly. It seems to me that interested people, most of whom are keen birdwatchers but also protective of the environment, will be driven away by these measures.

I think we ought to get up a petition. Ann (CosworthLady), would you be prepared to create a suitably-worded document for those of us who think likewise to sign?

Our views need to be made known at the highest level.
June

This is a very disappointing read. I paid into the reserve last year (when it isn't mandatory to get to the hides) and gave a donation online following all the hard work put in at the reserve last season.

I'm shocked at the cameras being off til an Osprey returns, the book is not going for another print run despite the demand and that the blog isn't being opened to comments. I appreciate this is time-consuming, but it was clearly a money generator. It can also be done remotely by non-SWT staff, as offered by people on here. Isn't the RSPB going the other way with their website?

I really think the SWT corporates should be sent a link to this thread.

June a petition could definitely be an option but i have links with the loch now and i couldn't be involved with the set up but would gladly sign it and recruit many willing signatures. A lot of us from the other blog i go on are waiting on replies from head office tomorrow about the book and the camera issue. It really is a case of biting the hand that feeds you isn't it.

June a petition could definitely be an option but i have links with the loch now and i couldn't be involved with the set up but would gladly sign it and recruit many willing signatures. A lot of us from the other blog i go on are waiting on replies from head office tomorrow about the book and the camera issue. It really is a case of biting the hand that feeds you isn't it.

Totally agree Ann, certainly is biting the hand that feeds. Not a nice feeling at all.

Discretion is the better part...........

I agree, Ann. I feel that you are in a position perhaps whereby you can keep a watching brief, and keep us informed.
At no time would I suggest doing anything to harm the tremendous job done by the LoL Staff.

June

A very reliable observer thought they saw an osprey on Cam number 2 at 8.16am this morning. I wonder if anyone else saw this?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back