• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

E infinity camera store ? (1 Viewer)

Rinner

hi everyone , looking to buy a new camera Nikon d500 does anyone have any dealings and feedback on this internet store . their prices are the best I can find just a little nervous splashing the cash, however the reviews seem mostly positive ?? thanks rinner

hi everyone , looking to buy a new camera Nikon d500 does anyone have any dealings and feedback on this internet store . their prices are the best I can find just a little nervous splashing the cash, however the reviews seem mostly positive ?? thanks rinner

Think they are all grey imports, no manufacturer warranty and all that that implies. Cheap but risky.

Nick

been doing some research and the grey goods are exactly the same as uk goods by all accounts ,like you say nick the warranty is the issue .
ive never had any issues with my old Nikon d90 and I know its a difficult question to answer but how common are faults with these new dslrs
and secondly can anyone recommend a good uk camera retailer then should I play safe and get the full warranty.

There should be no warranty problems with grey imports bought from the right place (not just the cheapest) take a company like HDEW they offer a 3 year warranty, better than Nikon.
Nikon will still do any recall work on grey imports like the D610 oil spots and the D750 shutter shading, the only problem is you are depending on the company staying in business or you have to foot the bill.

https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/nikon-d500-body-4415-p.asp

What Nikon subsidiaries repair outside the USA is purely controlled by the local law. In some parts of Europe some gray market products are repaired by Nikon because of certain local laws. However, there are lots of horror stories where some gray market seller declined to honor the warranty they advertised.

I found this website is quite resourceful in this regard. It has got loads of genuine reviews and suggestions in revolving around Nikon's gray market. https://productz.com/en/nikon-d500-digital-camera/reviews

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back