• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

request id info re: birds (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

Dear forum members: please can I request help with some id of 2 paintings of birds that are in a book I am studying: I think the first is some kind of bee-eater species, and the second some kind of thrush. I trust these aren't "fictitious species" invented by the artist!
Please does anyone have any ideas.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 57
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 42
Dear Pete,
Thank you for your kind reply.
In answer to the question: I regret there is likely to be no geographical context: The two birds posted are just two of several bird on a painting, which I think is an imaginary picture the artist has made a composite of birds from all over. Please see complete picture below.

Attachments

• 1102014248_univ_cnt_3_lg.jpg
    1102014248_univ_cnt_3_lg.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 63
for me, bee eaters mean Africa, so I checked my 'Birds of East Africa'. Bohm's bee-eater (merops boehmi) looks a lot like this painting....Tanzania, Congo, Mozambique, Zambia and Malawi. The red and blue looks almost too good to be true, yet it strikes a memory cord somewhere.
Geographical context would definitely help.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back