• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ireland, Dingle Peninsula ID assist (1 Viewer)

Hello,

Can anyone help me ID this bird?

Sighted May 28, 2019 in the afternoon. Ireland, Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry, Coumeenoole Beach.

I wondered about a Wheatear (immature) because that's the only thing I see w/the white eyebrow and the dark stripe through the eye - but it also has white under the eye.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. MP

Attachments

• poss Wheatear Dingle Ireland.jpg
    poss Wheatear Dingle Ireland.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 153
Rock Pipit it is!

Thanks to all who took the time to look and reply!

I am going with Rock Pipit. There is a photo on ebird.org that looks very much like my photo, including the white eyebrow and dark streak through the eye. I'm not sure why Merlin didn't bring it up. I just did another ID attempt using Merlin and it still didn't bring up Rock Pipit. Odd, since the range map shows *tons* of them in the area. I ruled out the Wagtails because the ones we saw of those were leaner and longer than this guy, but I appreciate the thought!

THANKS ALL!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back