• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canadian id please (1 Viewer)

Richard Wall

Hi everyone,
Went on a holiday to British Columbia last may and couldn't quite id this little fella.I've got my own thoughts on it but wondered if anyone out there could pin it down for me.
Many thanks in advance Richard Wall

Attachments

• crop veery.jpg
    crop veery.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 154
My first inpression was also Hermit Thrush due to the gray back with the noticably reddish tail and white eye ring, but I don't see any marks on the chest/sides. Did you see these while observing the bird?

affe22 said:
My first inpression was also Hermit Thrush due to the gray back with the noticably reddish tail and white eye ring, but I don't see any marks on the chest/sides. Did you see these while observing the bird?
Hi,
No it was facing away from me continually.I was just coming back down a section of felled pines after chasing Grey Jays to get a photo.I took this shot from a distance just in case i couldn't get a good view.As i got closer it flew away from me so this is the best view i had.I think it is Hermit Thrush as well.
Many thanks Richard Wall

Yep, it's definitely a Hermit Thrush. That build and general coloration marks it as one of those thrushes, and the rufous tail makes it a Hermit.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back