• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Matt's Sketch Book (1 Viewer)

matthewlissimore

wildlife illustration & photography
Hello again guys, I just wanted to post up some work from my sketch book. I recently visited Wales to see the Red Kites and made some drawings there. I've also been sketching two Herons that are local to me and I have been watching them closely. Please give me any advice or help on how I can improve and push my practice further. I have been drawing from life initially then sometimes I use photographs I have taken to fill in the gaps. I hope drawing from life will develop my drawings further and i've recently purchased some watercolours which I will start applying to my drawings. I've also beed studying and reading books created by Tim Wootton, Darren Woodhead and John Busby. They have inspiring work and I hope to achieve what they have achieved one day. In the mean time I'll keep working at it, let me know what you think. Many thanks Matt.

heron.jpg

heron2.jpg

Redkiteobservations.jpg

redkite.jpg

goldcreatdrawings.jpg

I hope drawing from life will develop my drawings further and i've recently purchased some watercolours which I will start applying to my drawings. I've also beed studying and reading books created by Tim Wootton, Darren Woodhead and John Busby. They have inspiring work and I hope to achieve what they have achieved one day.

Drawing from life and studying the books you've mentioned should help you far more than advice I can give! These look great. Just keep at it.

These look great, some of the more advanced bird painters here must give you advice... The sheet with the flying birds of pray is especially good, and those goldcrests are so ute! I think you manage to capture their movement and characters very well!

You've captured the flying raptor really well, the 'perceptual memory' or what it's called to get that many poses down on the paper is very impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back