• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mallorca info (1 Viewer)

htcdude

Hi guys,

Am planning on being in Mallorca for a family holiday in April and hoping to have a small amount of time birding. Have a couple of questions though:

1) I know we plan on going to Sa Dragonera on one of our days, can anyone share info on what birds I might see there in April?

2) Are there any Mallorca specific bird guides available?

3) If there was one place you could recommend, what would it be please? We'll be staying in the south-west of the island but will have a car.

Also, Mike Montier I've really enjoyed following the thread you started for sightings in Mallorca, it's much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nige

1. I was on and around Sa Dragonera for one afternoon / early evening in mid-May a few years ago & saw: Audouin's & Yellow-legged Gull, Shag (Mediterranean sub-species), Cormorant, Balearic Warbler, Eleonora's & Peregrine Falcon, Rock & Blue Rock Thrush, Raven, Osprey plus Scopoli's & Balearic Shearwater offshore.

2. I'm sure Mike or one of the other regulars will be along soon on this one.

3. Others will have their favorite spots but I would recommend not missing S'Albufera.

Last edited:
honeym, thanks for the book recommendation, I'll order a copy tonight :)

foresttwitcher, thanks for the rest of the info re: Dragonera. A few there that would be lifers for me so hoping for a similar list. Albufera was one of the places I'd heard a lot about, so want to try and get a little bit of time there.

Thanks,

Nige

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back