• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to buy bird food on Mallorca (1 Viewer)

Palma_Chris

This is quite a specific request, but I have some greenfinches (and an escaped Canary!) who have an insatiable hunger for sunflower hearts.

I can buy them from Mercadona, but they're quite expensive to buy there. Does anyone know anywhere in the Palma area that I can buy sunflower hearts from to keep them in the manor they're accustomed to?

I've tried pet stores and other supermarkets, but it seems nowhere sells them in bulk.

I wish Spain had a 'Wilkos' type store!

Hi Chris
As you know, not many people in Mallorca feed the birds.
Every time I go back to the UK, I’m astonished just how many bird feeders there are.
I have a friend here who lives in Costitx and he feeds his garden birds with sunflower hearts so I will ask him where he buys his and let you know.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back