• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taxonomic Changes (1 Viewer)

Created new entry for Odedi (spelled Odeni by mistake in the printed Clements version). This species was described 2006 and is therefore missing in S&M and H&M.

André

The new Clements update doesn't recognize the split of Stonechat into
- European Stonechat
- Siberian Stonechat
- African Stonechat
any longer and lumps them all into Stonechat. As S&M are therefore the only ones to accept the split I will lump the three species (I suppose some bad letters from european twitchers will reach Cornell soon;))

André

I dont know either, but Clements 08 policy is to follow AOU and SACC; according to Avibase, neither AOU or SACC have recognized carolinensis as a separate species recently.

Lumping some shrikes according to our consensus:

Uhehe Fiscal lumped in Common Fiscal
Steppe Grey Shrike lumped in Southern Grey Shrike
Daurian Shrike and Turkestan Shrike lumped in Rufous-tailed Shrike

Different pictures and videos all transferred.

André

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back