• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What kind of bird is this? (1 Viewer)

Only1irish

Hello Everyone ;)
I saw a bird near my flower garden the other day. I could not get a picture of it or it would have flown away with the movement. I have googled and searched everywhere I can, finding nothing.
He (or she) was a scarlet fiery orange red with a medium green colored head. It was larger than a robin. It kept walking through the fence into my flower garden and picking at the leaves. He was there for maybe 8 minutes, then flew away. I've never seen anything like it! I was wondering if someones pet bird may have gotten out but he seemed very at home just walking around.
Thanks everyone ;)
Irish

Hi Irish and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BF :t:

It would be great if you could get a photo of it and post it in the Bird Identification section where I am sure you will get a speedy answer ;)

Hi Irish and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about. I do hope this bird comes back and you manage to get a picture of him.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hello and welcome, sorry can't help with the id of your mystery bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back