• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible Ivory Billed Woodpecker Sighting in East Texas (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinx,

Please delete both posts providing the link to the indicated zone. There are reasons for this if what you say is true.

Steve all it says is that the Bird was last seen Here in 1971 This site is openly on the web.

None

cuckooroller said:
Jinx,

Please delete both posts providing the link to the indicated zone. There are reasons for this if what you say is true.

The reason for the link was in the title of my post. There is an abundance of wildlife and plants, its a protected area, and I wanted to share the information and beauty of where I once lived. Thats all.

Jinx13 said:
The last reported sighting was in Louisiana in 1999 actually.

- But has been considered as unreliable by... just about everyone...

But as said, I'll cross my fingers and keep on hoping anyway!

Last edited:
Tim Et Al
I have been corresponding with Jinx By private message, to say it has been amusing would be an understatement. Anyway we have left it at the stage of if im good he'll send me a picture of the IBW He took recently . Understandably Im not holding my breath.

As close as we will get on either of these!

Attachments

• Campephilus imperialis 330.jpg
    Campephilus imperialis 330.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 5,014
  • Campephilus principalis 529.jpg
    Campephilus principalis 529.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 209
Steve,
I think that there are a number around. I have a bunch in my files, including B/W in-life historical photos, but, I'm sure there would be copyright probs.

Here they are:

Attachments

• Campephilus principalis 1.jpg
    Campephilus principalis 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Campephilus principalis 12.jpg
    Campephilus principalis 12.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Campephilus principalis 13.jpg
    Campephilus principalis 13.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Campephilus principalis 14.jpg
    Campephilus principalis 14.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Campephilus principalis 41.jpg
    Campephilus principalis 41.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,783
Range & Population Campephilus principalis formerly occurred at low densities throughout the south-east USA (nominate principalis) and Cuba (race bairdii), but is now extinct in the USA, and close to extinction in Cuba. It was considered extinct in Cuba after intensive searches did not find any new reports to those at the end of the 1980s. However, evidence from 1998 suggests that it may survive in the highest reaches of the Sierra Maestra in south-east Cuba, an area from which there had been no previous records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back