• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Wood Storks Are Back (1 Viewer)

virgo10

I saw my first wood stork yesterday here in central Florida. They are a winter time visitor to this area.

I wasn't able to get a photo of that one but here's a picture from a couple of years ago.

Cool bird! :t:

Attachments

• 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 67
I saw my first wood stork yesterday here in central Florida. They are a winter time visitor to this area.

I wasn't able to get a photo of that one but here's a picture from a couple of years ago.

Cool bird! :t:

Lucky you. My only view of a Wood Stork was on a visit to S Texas a couple of years ago, when I got my binoculars on one flying high overhead. Better than nothing, but not very satisfactory. One of these days I’ll get to someplace where I can see them close up and on the ground.

Lucky you. My only view of a Wood Stork was on a visit to S Texas a couple of years ago, when I got my binoculars on one flying high overhead. Better than nothing, but not very satisfactory. One of these days I’ll get to someplace where I can see them close up and on the ground.

Florida's the place to go, real close up views on a couple of occasions

I had a kettle of over 100 birds soaring over Paurotis Pond in Everglades National Park last week -- truly a spectacular sight. They have already begun nesting at this location.

Carlos

The Wood Storks are common around St. Augustine most of the time. They do move around in search of food but don't seem to go far. Breeding season is coming up fast, time to plan a trip to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Rookery. All wild birds attracted by the safer nesting conditions over the gator lagoon.

wood stork

I just got back from holiday in Florida and have so many Wood Storks it was great. One place near Space Kennedy had a huge flock ( 40 ) roosting near a pond in a private house. Had two outside my villa everyday.

The Wood Storks are common around St. Augustine most of the time. They do move around in search of food but don't seem to go far. Breeding season is coming up fast, time to plan a trip to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Rookery. All wild birds attracted by the safer nesting conditions over the gator lagoon.

Was also in Florida last week and i must say that the road to everglades city [county 29] is very birdful.Bird seen included, Turkey vultures [200], Black vulture, black crowned night heron, wood storks, Anhinga, double crested cormorants, Belted king fisher.I saw my first painted Bunting right there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back