• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Is Your 2015 List Going? (3 Viewers)

77 Common Raven this morning. I was looking for a reported Hen Harrier, but no joy. I'll surely see them later.

I used to live in the MD/DC area - where'd you go?

As it was the first time I'd had the chance to do any birding in DC I checked the local Adubon site http://audubondc.org/where-to-go-birding/ and decided on starting at Constitution Gardens ( nearest to my hotel ) then went to Hains Point / Tidal Basin, and finished at Theo. Roosevelt Island. There may have been better places, but the three sites made for an excellent days birding. I'm "just up the road" from you at the moment, wandering around the Moss Landing / Elkhorn Slough area, which isn't too shabby either. :t:

Last edited:
No time for serious birding again this weekend so just added three near home:
134 Pileated Woodpecker
135 Wilson's Snipe
136 Merlin

Jeff

Some East LA / Inland Empire targets:
193. Vermilion Flycatcher
194. Tropical Kingbird
195. Osprey
196. Tricolored Blackbird
197. Black-necked Stilt
198. Tundra Swan

Last edited:
Day in Santa Barbara:
199. Forster's Tern
200. Long-billed Dowitcher
201. Whimbrel
202. Black-bellied Plover
203. Green Heron
204. Long-billed Curlew

Last edited:
Burton Mere Wetlands this afternoon
51. Great Spotted Woodpecker
52. Long-eared Owl (tick)

16th Feb - Burton Mere Wetlands
53. Little Grebe
54. Little Egret

17th Feb - Chester
55. Feral Pigeon

20th Feb. - Conwy RSPB
56. Red-breasted Merganser (tick)
57. Goldeneye (tick)
58. Grey Heron
59. Lesser Black-backed Gull
60. Curlew
Bodelwyddan Castle
61. Pheasant
62. Marsh Tit (tick)
63. Goldcrest (tick)
64. Rook

Going great guns!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back