• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Humpback , Norfolk (1 Viewer)

I just wish the bloody thing would be seen when I have enough time to get there to see it!

Last edited:
The Humpback has been reported again today, distantly off Sea Palling. I'm tempted to go tomorrow. Anyone else thinking the same, or have any gen., tips, etc.

Bit worried by the term 'distantly'.

The Humpback has been reported again today, distantly off Sea Palling. I'm tempted to go tomorrow. Anyone else thinking the same, or have any gen., tips, etc.

Take your scope. If its where it was last week you will want it.

Photos below (Canon EOS7D, 500mm prime with 1.4X converter, seriously cropped in post processing.)

Other than that, all I can say is you don't see animals by not going for them.

John

Attachments

• 2013_10_30 (11)_Humpback_Whale (800x534).jpg
    2013_10_30 (11)_Humpback_Whale (800x534).jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 2013_10_30 (12)_Humpback_Whale (800x533).jpg
    2013_10_30 (12)_Humpback_Whale (800x533).jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 2013_10_30 (13)_Humpback_Whale (800x533).jpg
    2013_10_30 (13)_Humpback_Whale (800x533).jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 124

The dunes above the car park (pay and display) at Sea Palling offer a great vantage point, you can see a long way and a wide area, but take your scope!

Mark

The humpbacked whale was viewable distantly, through a telescope, from of the dunes off the end of Sea Palling Beach Road this afternoon.
Drifted south towards Waxham, an alternative viewpoint, with a tell-tale flock of gannets above it.

Two pom skuas south and three eider (two drakes) north.
Many common scoter offshore, with small flocks of starlings regularly coming in off the sea.

Pink-footed geese in fields north of Sea Palling.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back