• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to buy UV filter for C-750UZ? (1 Viewer)

wilder

Chris (tine)
Hi,

My daughter's boyfriend would like a UV filter for his Olympus C-750UZ for Christmas. Now I have looked on the Jessops website, the Warehouse Express Website, done a "kelkoo" search and even tried the Olympus website, but can't seem to find one specifically for this camera. There are some filter sets on ebay, but I suspect these would be of an inferior quality.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7565372215&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Comments on these please, and/or suggestions on where I could try to get a "proper" one of these?

Thanks

Hi You will need an Olympus CLA-4 adapter and a 55mm filter. Type this into Google to find UK stockists, the adapter is about £16. Loads of places do filters.

Thanks John,

He already has the adapter, and I guess from what you say that different makes of filter are all much the same quality? Ie It wouldn't have to be an Olympus filter? I put 55mm filter into google, and as you say, quite a few came up, but there are loads of different makes.

Chris

Hm! Olympus filters are good and so are Hoya along with a good number of others. However I'd be suspicious of some unbranded ones. At the end of the day the filter sits in front of the camera lens and so wants to be as perfect as possible.

I ALWAYS have a CLA-4 adapter plus a UV filter attached to my C-750, which I suspect may be your idea too? This is doing what SLR camera users have done for years - putting a filter over the lens mostly as a protection. Works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back