• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

weird mallard behavior (1 Viewer)

BirderBoy

Birding addict!
today i saw mallards doing something that i hadn't seen before. it might be normal but i have never seen it. these mallards instead of doing the normal mallard feeding maneuver of "bum in the air" these mallards were literally diving like tufties! i have never seen this but it might be just that. has anyone else seen this?:brains:

BirderBoy :hippy: peace

not often, but yes I've seen them dive - they seem to have trouble staying under though, and I've only seen them dive during bathing or to avoid a predator.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back