• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opiticron ES 80 GA ED (1 Viewer)

Phil Owen

Currently have an Opticron IS60 with HDF Zoom and am thinking of purchasing the Opticron ES 80 GA ED which the HDF can be used on.

Anybody any opinions on this 'scope please??

The other option is an Avian ED 82 Magnesium.

Thanks

Currently have an Opticron IS60 with HDF Zoom and am thinking of purchasing the Opticron ES 80 GA ED which the HDF can be used on.

Anybody any opinions on this 'scope please??

The other option is an Avian ED 82 Magnesium.

Thanks

I have this very popular Opticron model. Ok its not as good as the top models like leica and Swarovski (which incidentally you pay for!) but it is of a damn good standard. Never let me down.

Don't know about the avian .

I have the Mk1 version of the ES80 scope with HDF Zoom, and its a great scope. The current version ( Mk 4 ?) is supposed to be better. You won't/shouldn't regret it!

Keep the eyepiece covered in the rain and you shouldnt go wrong. The ES is an exellent scope with a quality view and you should see a pleasing improvment as soon as you get going. I havent even see the Avian so cant really comment on it tho!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back