• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just some paintings/drawings (1 Viewer)

Thank you all! I'm glad you like it|=)|.

I actually finished a drawing in under two month of time |:D|. It's not how I wanted it to be, but that's never the case I think.

All the best,
Kathrin

Attachments

• Fringilla_coelebs_1.jpg
    Fringilla_coelebs_1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 83
He's a fine lad, indeed. There's something very exciting about the way you put motion into your work - even the backgrounds seem to shimmer with life. Lovely work.

I agree with Tim - I could almost see this bird cock its head to look back at me when I first saw the drawing. Well done!

Hi Kathrin, a very belated and overdue welcome from me. You've some really strong work here, particularly the chaffinch which is properly alive on the page.

Mike

Thank you all very much |=)|. Usually I don't know how to draw the background, so I got used to just shade it with a carbon pencil (if that's how you call it).

Some time ago I bought another type-of-pencils-which-english-name-I-don't-know. Maybe you recognize it from the painting |:D|. It was quite fun painting with those - only sharpening them was not an easy task.

Best wishes,
Kathrin

Attachments

• Rotaugenfrosch.jpg
    Rotaugenfrosch.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 96
I haven't been here for a while, since the spring and summer is always such a busy time with all the life going on outside |=)|. Maybe that's an excuse for having done so little in the field of art, that is to say exactly one new drawing |:$|. After checking as close as one could get the kingfisher's blue feathers, that are really as blue as one sees in many photographs, I simply had to draw one - in black and white ;).

With kind regards,
Kathrin

Attachments

• Alcedo_atthis_L01.jpg
    Alcedo_atthis_L01.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 50
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back