• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A little bit of this, a little bit of that (1 Viewer)

If I'm around I'll be here for required positiveness.

Cos unlike the boys I'm reliable and occasionally capable of posting something other than sarcastic, mocking and attempted witty posts. :)

or her inability to settle on a single site and milk the chaffinch out of it?

? (insertion of puzzled looking emoticon)

Could understand if you were trying to milk a Bullfinch, but you'd still be wrong, and having a hard time due to some basic biological factors.

Or on a different tack - You saw a Chaffinch? Excellent, well done :t:

? (insertion of puzzled looking emoticon)

Could understand if you were trying to milk a Bullfinch, but you'd still be wrong, and having a hard time due to some basic biological factors.

Or on a different tack - You saw a Chaffinch? Excellent, well done :t:

Thanks.

Today, I saw about 100 Chaffinchs. Admittedly, some of them might have been the same bird. But I didn't attempt to milk any of them. :)

I'm confused.. Lochside... in Peterborough.. I know Corby is wee Scooootland... but i wasn't expecting 'bonny banks'....!

I'm confused.. Lochside... in Peterborough.. I know Corby is wee Scooootland... but i wasn't expecting 'bonny banks'....!

A short visit to the home country is going on. They have the internet up here now, you know! (This is only half a joke as the poor dears only got broadband at their exchange last year and it's a rather slow variety).

Also on the loch today, I don't think these were actually my first of the year but I just forgot the previous ones:

64. Goldeneye

Made a little detour on the way home this morning to enjoy a brisk walk in the sunshine at Caerlaverock. I love Galloway - I want to retire there to a teeny wee cottage by the sea.

65. Barnacle Geese
66. Tree Sparrow

And a lifer that you can't tell me off for twitching because I didn't have the foggiest it was there (honest, guv):

67. American Wigeon (lifer)

And a lifer that you can't tell me off for twitching because I didn't have the foggiest it was there (honest, guv):

67. American Wigeon (lifer)

Well I'll believe you Helen:-O (thinking of my personal safety here:cat:)

D

Hmm, I seem to have not posted these 2 yet either, even though I have seen both on a few occasions already this year. Anyone care to volunteer to be my recordkeeper since I'm proving rather inadequate at that job?

68. Teal
69. Linnet

Thank you, Delia.

I usually find that those who are honest in life believe others, those who are dishonest themselves are more likely to distrust others.

:)

Oh, sorry, Andrew, I hadn't seen your post yet. :)

Oooh, harsh!

So, what you're saying is, all those Honey Buzzard/giant Great Blue Heron (or eagle, or...)/IBWO skeptics are... fundamentally dishonest? :h?:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back