• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unable to log out of Birdforum (1 Viewer)

Kezza

When I click on 'Log out' the usual box comes up 'Are you sure you want to log out?' I click OK and get the page that says '...You have logged out...All cookies cleared...' but it shows me as still logged in.

If I close the site and come back, I'm logged in. I often use a public computer and therefore am in the habit of always logging out. This has never been a problem before, any ideas as to why it is now please?

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not a temporary glitch, sometimes but not often I come on line to log in and find I am still there from last time and I am sure I logged out properly, I am prone to making silly mistakes though.

Mick

Thank you for the replys.

Mickymouse said:
Are you sure it's not a temporary glitch, sometimes but not often I come on line to log in and find I am still there from last time and I am sure I logged out properly, I am prone to making silly mistakes though.
Mick

I thought it may have been, but I still have the problem this morning. It has not happened to me before and I don't think I've changed any settings or anything like that.

KCFoggin said:
Try hitting your refresh button......

Just tried this KC. Clicked refresh and it said Welcome guest and had 'not logged in' in top corner. But then clicked on 'Forums' or 'Gallery' and top corner said I am logged in!

Tried many times and just can't seem to stay logged out! I daren't use birdforum on the public computer until I know why it is happening in case it happens there.

I am still finding that I can't log out. It has been this way for a month now. My Uncle is due to visit at the weekend and he usually takes the opportunity to log in to BF and post 'as himself' (he doesn't have a pc at home). This will not be possible for him if I cannot log out.

Any suggestions please?

Is it a BF problem with my account or is it the settings on my computer?

Kezza said:
I am still finding that I can't log out. It has been this way for a month now. My Uncle is due to visit at the weekend and he usually takes the opportunity to log in to BF and post 'as himself' (he doesn't have a pc at home). This will not be possible for him if I cannot log out.

Any suggestions please?

Is it a BF problem with my account or is it the settings on my computer?

BF logs me out fine ... I would suggest "deleting" the internet temp files AND "deleting" all the cookies. Close your browser; reopen the browser and you should be logged out. Cookies are what tell a website to log you in; if you've cleared the cookie cache no website can keep you logged in. Our computers "save" webpages to the temp file for us to view them and unless the "refresh" button is hit; and/or the temp files are deleted so the computer "has to" reload a new page; and/or you have the browser set to allow meta refresh and/or check for page updates each time a website is opened; your computer could simply be loading an "old" page.

Thank you Catherine. Deleting the cookies seems to have worked. Now when I return to the site I am not logged in.
Thanks very much for your help.

Kezza said:
Thank you Catherine. Deleting the cookies seems to have worked. Now when I return to the site I am not logged in.
Thanks very much for your help.

You're very welcome. Glad you got the problem fixed!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back