• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Differences in Swift Audubon mark I, II, III ? (1 Viewer)

Renze de Vries

If I'm well informed, Swift updated their 8.5x44 Audubon porro (804) a few (two, three?) times. Some questions about them:
How can the different versions be recognized?
Did Swift improve them while updating?
And if so, in what way? (mechanically, optically aso).

Thanks in advance,

Renze de Vries

Last edited:
Robert Ellis said:
Henry, do you know what years the Mark II was produced?

Robert,

Well, now that I just bought a Mark II it's REALLY IMPORTANT to know all these things. Have you uncovered historical info. since April? Bill Cook's CN post is one of the most informative ones I've read, but still there are those other model variations to know about.

Thanks,
Elkcub

No, the Audubons go back many years. The original and the Mark II had the old fashioned looking (not rubber) body, and I think were models 804 and 804r, with an 804rED available for a while. The porro current model is the 820 or 820ED, and the roof is the HHS828.

Robert Ellis said:
No, the Audubons go back many years. The original and the Mark II had the old fashioned looking (not rubber) body, and I think were models 804 and 804r, with an 804rED available for a while. The porro current model is the 820 or 820ED, and the roof is the HHS828.

Thanks. I'll pass on what I find. There should be some info around. I think the Mark II was being sold actively in 1994±.

-elk

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back