• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flying visit (1 Viewer)

Gerry Hooper

Certified User
Look who popped in the other day, he came in the back door, landed on the bookshelf, stayed there for a while , then did a circuit of the lounge and flew out again..........Wow!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Sparrowhawk for web.jpg
    Sparrowhawk for web.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 222
My son and I sat on the sofa in awe as it swooped around getting it's bearings.
Unfortunatley it just missed my copy of "The dictionary of Birds in colour" by a couple of books.
That's a very useful book if you need to keep a door open, light a fire, hit someone over the head, do some flower pressing.............

Brilliant, Gerry! Looks like he came to borrow your DIY book! Has it got plans for a 'sparrow-catcher' in it?!

You must have been worried about some of those expensive looking ornaments. ;) Sure as hell beats Starlings and Swallows as a house guest.

A fantastic experience and thanks for sharing with all of us.
Jaff

Quite astonishing!

Great job on your part, managing to point and shoot the camera. I'd have been fumbling for half an hour and ended up with a photo of the ceiling.

Very good result, too, in that he found his own way back out - you could get some nasty punctures trying to help a wayward hawk find the door.

(the only birds I've ever had on my bookshelves are Penguins.......couldn't resist it.)

Great picture, what an exciting experience it must have been.

When I lived with my mum we heard rustling behind a cupboard, we looked there expecting to find a mouse or rat but we found a robin taking refuge from the cold winter. It came out and kept flying around and landing on top of the cupboards, clearly not wishing to leave :)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back