• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony Cybershot + Leica Televid (1 Viewer)

Peter Duymelinc

Hi,
just got this mail from a friend :
"I was able to play around a little this weekend with my new digital camera Sony 3.2 mega pixels Cyber-shot, optical 3x, f = 6-18mm 1:2.8-5.2 and my Leica Televid 77 with x20-X60 angled eyepiece. My digiscoping results have been discouraging primarily because:

1) hand held, and

2) external movement of the camera lens (as you warned against)."

Is anybody using this combo ? Is the camera fit for digiscoping ?
Any advise would be most welcome.

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,
If your friend is getting an image that is not plagued by vignetting, there is hope. Maybe using a support bracket to hold the camera up to the eyepiece at a distance away from the scope's eyepiece so it can't collide when using the camera's zoom. It's not ideal but maybe worth trying if the user doesn't want to buy a different camera... a local camera shop to me has a secondhand Nikon cp990 (with limited guarantee) for £199.00. When you consider how much a scope costs, it doesn't sound like a great deal to pay for the best digiscoping camera.
Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back