• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Apo 62 problem (1 Viewer)

Charltonfan

I've hinted at this in a previous post with no response. My Apo 62 angled scope seems to have something slightly loose inside. When turning the scope body over an audible 'click' can be heard and felt in the black body part of the housing. It's like something weighty is moving slightly inside the scope if that makes sense. Optically all is perfect. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or any ideas what it might be. I have an authorised dealer not too far from where I live who do repairs but don't want to spend out unnecessarily

I've just checked mine and it makes a slight click when turned upside down. I can't feel anything though. Its no big deal in my opinion.

Rich, sounds like it could be a similar thing. It's quite subtle but I feel like all the internals just shift ever so slightly accompanied by a little click. Strange

Checked mine too and I get no clicks or strange sounds of any kind when moving it around after 9 years of use. If all seems well optically and no other signs of anything amiss, possibly best to keep an eye on it & leave well alone unless absolutely necessary. Presumably it wasn't like it when you bought it and has 'developed' over time? If mine had been, it would have stayed in the shop!

LL

Re Apo 62

I've hinted at this in a previous post with no response. My Apo 62 angled scope seems to have something slightly loose inside. When turning the scope body over an audible 'click' can be heard and felt in the black body part of the housing. It's like something weighty is moving slightly inside the scope if that makes sense. Optically all is perfect. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or any ideas what it might be. I have an authorised dealer not too far from where I live who do repairs but don't want to spend out unnecessarily

If you have a fault with your scope your dealer should be able to return it to Leica in Germany for you at no cost to you. Take it to the dealer you purchased it from and ask them. Leica repairs are all now carried out in Germany. My Apo 62 was sent back as the eyepiece socket broke away from the body. It took about around two weeks to get it back to my dealer all work done was FOC. So it will be worth asking.
Regards Roy

Cheers for the replies. I bought the scope second hand so no warranty. Got it off fleabay. Could have raised a dispute and returned it as seller said he was not aware of any problem with it but as i have said it is optically perfect with mint lenses and the issue I have with it is subtle plus got it for a good price. I really am very happy with it but thought others might know if somethings not right. I'm going to keep an eye on it so to speak having used it about a dozen times with no problem

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back